The young Yale archaeologist, Hiram Bingham III, left the camp with two other members of the expedition team at ten o’clock in the morning on July 24, 1911 to continue their search for ancient Inca ruins in the Andean Mountains of Peru. Amidst the slight drizzle of rain, they headed up stream, through the narrow valley, towards the top of the peak.Into their hike for about an hour, they left the road and plunged down through the jungle to the river bank, where they came across a primitive bridge, made of four logs bound together by vines, stretching across the stream a few inches above the roaring rapids of the Urubamba River. Upon reaching the other side, they faced a fearfully hard climb for about an hour and a half, mostly done on all fours. The trail was like a crude stepladder, going through a jungle then up a very steep, grass covered slope.
Often times, too much knowledge of a travel destination can attenuate the ‘wow’ factor upon actual visit. Of all of the things we were going to visit during our Three month sojourn, I was most prepared for what awaited us at Machu Picchu Body of the New 7 Wonders from the Ancient World.“I just hope I’m not disappointed,” I kept telling Marina and Killian the night time before the visit.Luckily, Machu Picchu is among those places that can never be truly appreciated via photograph or perhaps video.“This place is absolutely beautiful,” I only say faintly to myself, looking down in one of the grass terraces in the Lost City of the Incas, just like the sun begins to rise beyond the mountains, illuminating the complex stone architecture from the site.“It really is, isn’t it?” responds Killian following a long pause. All three people are transfixed by visual feast we're currently dining on.
Machu Picchu Wonders of world, literally meaning ‘old mountain’ in Quechua is among the most renowned archeological remains from the Inca civilization that at some point controlled much of western South usa.Due to the invasion by Spanish conquistadors, the whole Inca civilization was wiped out, and the majority of their cities destroyed. For instance, in Cusco, many of the buildings constructed through the Spaniards used the original foundations laid down through the Incas. However, rather than being captured, the Incas originally living on which is now Machu Picchu, decided to gather all of their most important possessions and flee.
Often times, too much knowledge of a travel destination can attenuate the ‘wow’ factor upon actual visit. Of all of the things we were going to visit during our Three month sojourn, I was most prepared for what awaited us at Machu Picchu Body of the New 7 Wonders from the Ancient World.“I just hope I’m not disappointed,” I kept telling Marina and Killian the night time before the visit.Luckily, Machu Picchu is among those places that can never be truly appreciated via photograph or perhaps video.“This place is absolutely beautiful,” I only say faintly to myself, looking down in one of the grass terraces in the Lost City of the Incas, just like the sun begins to rise beyond the mountains, illuminating the complex stone architecture from the site.“It really is, isn’t it?” responds Killian following a long pause. All three people are transfixed by visual feast we're currently dining on.
Machu Picchu Wonders of world, literally meaning ‘old mountain’ in Quechua is among the most renowned archeological remains from the Inca civilization that at some point controlled much of western South usa.Due to the invasion by Spanish conquistadors, the whole Inca civilization was wiped out, and the majority of their cities destroyed. For instance, in Cusco, many of the buildings constructed through the Spaniards used the original foundations laid down through the Incas. However, rather than being captured, the Incas originally living on which is now Machu Picchu, decided to gather all of their most important possessions and flee.
No comments:
Post a Comment